Monday, June 14, 2010

Hello Yellow

I typically gravitate towards neutrals, a calm palate...but how can you not love these images of bright, happy yellow!?! I love the combination of a bright color with crisp white and even black/grey. The contrast in colors makes for a surprising room, which gives great energy. I think I might bring some bright yellow into my patio decor. What bright colors do you love?



I love this wallpaper. I think it might find a home in my powder room.
What a striking use of color. The black and white scheme gives the artwork a strong background to stand out from.

I love to find great vintage furniture pieces at markets or estate sales. Many times a quick coat of paint can update its look. Love how this cabinet was transformed into a vanity. It's actually quite easy to do. Designer tip: check your local granite & marble store for scraps. Sometimes they might have a small piece that's perfect for your powder room sink surround you can purchase at a discount...and we all love to save a penny!
If you're not ready to "go bold", use accents to play with color. I love this throw pillow with it's almost native pattern. Wouldn't that look great on my new patio?

No comments:

Post a Comment