Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Is Grey the New Cream?

As a designer, I am always torn between neutrals and color - desperately trying to find the perfect balance. Cream is a go-to for me. It works with everything. Looks amazing in all spaces. Never goes out of style. But sometimes I crave more. I want more of a punch but still neutral. Grey is my new cream. This color is defined as "all colors ranging from black to white" and I must say I love all of them. Historically, grey as a color has been around since 700 AD ... so why am I just now falling in love? Maybe I always thought of grey as contemporary or cold. Oh how wrong I have been. As the images below show, grey can be soft, traditional, edgy, contemporary, cozy, feminine and masculine. It is a color that wears many faces and makes mine smile. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment